Two Under Two-Diaper Bag Organization
I don't know about you, but I am a total organization junkie. My idea of a fun time is spending an hour looking at all the different planners in OfficeMax or browsing at The Container Store. When I realized I was going to have two kids less then a year apart, I was so nervous! I thought for sure my car was never going to be clean again, there would be toys all over my house, and I would have to lug around a suitcase as my diaper bag. Two babies just meant twice the amount of stuff (and love of course)! Fast forward five months into motherhood of two under two, I have now learned what I truly need and what never is used in my diaper bag. There are quite a few items that I would never dare leave the house without, and lucky for me (and you!) they are all so affordable!
*This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure by clicking policies at the bottom of this page*
The first thing I had to consider was what diaper bag was going to be able to hold all of my stuff! I was leaning towards a backpack but I didn't love the idea of not being able to carry around a cute purse anymore. So I was on the hunt to find a cute bag that also had a million pockets and could fit everything, but wasn't too huge. Mission impossible right? Well, it took a while but I am obsessed with the bag I found! It has four pockets on the front, one big pocket on the back, and inside it has; a spot for 2 bottles, two small pockets, one large pocket for diapers, and a pocket for the changing pad. It has short handles and rings on each side to attach stroller straps or a long shoulder strap. It also comes with a detachable pouch for you to keep all of your products in and easily remove from the diaper bag when dropping kids off anywhere! It is the PERFECT bag!
They don't currently have it in this exact color, but they are now offering it in black, which might be even cuter! Check it out here !
I love that I can fit everything I need in one bag and it isn't too heavy or too big! It fits perfectly behind my driver seat. When you have two under two, there is a lot of things that you need to carry! This is everything I (usually) have in my bag:
-Diapers-Wipes-Butt Paste-Formula-Bottle-Sippy Cup-Water Bottle-Snacks (lots of them)- spoon-change of clothes for each kid
-clean shirt for mom- book-car-teething ring-phone charger-Gum- Burp Rag-Hand Sanitizer-Tylenol-lipstick-lotion-pen-eyeliner
-concealer- car keys- wallet
Although I have those items in my bag at all times, these are the 10 items that I could not live without!
1. Diaper Disposal Bags- These are so helpful for those explosion diapers when you are in public or in the car. If your kiddos are like mine, they love to go as soon as we get in the car. These bags help contain the smell and gives you somewhere to put those dirty diapers!
2. Formula Dispenser- This is such a great space saver! It holds 3 bottles worth of formula so you don't have to carry around that big formula can!
3. Baby Wipe Clutch- This is a space and money saver! Buying wipes that come in big bags is always cheaper then buying the individual packaged ones! With this wipe clutch, you can refill and use it! We have had ours for over a year and it is still holding up great! I also have yet to see the wipes dry up inside the clutch.
4. Hand Sanitizer- This is always a must have in my diaper bag, more so for me then the kids! You never know when it is going to come in handy!
5. Water Bottle- Carter is at that age where he can be throwing a huge tantrum but juice makes him instantly all better. I never leave the house without water or juice in his Contigo water bottle or sippy cup for him, and a water bottle for me.
6. Extra Outfits- Make sure you always always always have an extra outfit for each kid, and a shirt for you! I can't tell you how many times I was thrown or spit up on in the last 5 months and how helpful it has been to have a clean shirt to change into.
7. Teething Rings/Toys- We always always always have a couple toys in our bag. Right now Carter loves this lightning mcqueen toy car, this animals spanish/english book, and this teething ring from buccio baby.
8. Snacks- You can never have too many snacks! Snacks for you, the kids, and even your husband. There are so many times we are out and about and my husband complains he is hungry. I usually always keep gum, goldfish, fiber one bars, nature valley bars, an applesauce pouch, and peanut butter crackers in my bag.
9. Tylenol- When you have two under two, odds are somebody is going to be cranky from teething! We keep a mini tylenol in our diaper bag because it comes in handy during those obviously painful moments!
10. Phone Charger- I am always charging my phone because I am always recording and taking photos of my kids. That plus always using my maps because I'm lost, means I need to always have a charger on stand by.
Other Two Under Two Posts: