Frugal Traveling Tips!
It is no secret- we love to travel! We love traveling with our kids to new places and letting them experience new things! I wrote all about why we travel with our kids over at Her View From Home here! Maybe you are scared of traveling with kids because it is so expensive or overwhelming to try to save money for family trips, but traveling as a family doesn't have to be expensive! Here are my favorite tips to save money when traveling!
1. 90 day ticker- If you have never seen this website, do yourself a favor and run to check out their awesome deals! They have a "90 day ticker" section for cruises. You save anywhere from 50-75% on cruises all around the world! If your dates are flexible, this is one of the best ways to cruise for cheap!
2. Costco Travel - If you are a member of Costco then you have access to their travel website! We have compared multiple websites and Costco Travel always has the best pricing for hotel and flight packages! Our recent Hawaii trip was booked through Costco Travel and included airfare, hotel, and a rental car! You can read all about our Hawaii vacation here!
3. Airbnb- If you are going to be staying anywhere for a while and are traveling with a family, Airbnb is the way to go! You can rent an entire home for the same price as some of the hotels in the area, sometimes it's even cheaper! When traveling with kids it is so helpful to have that extra space, a washer/dryer, and a kitchen to use during your stay! You will also save money on cooking versus eating out every day! You can use this link to get up to $55 towards your first rental!
4. Travel on off season and the right days- If you are flexible on when you can travel, I highly recommend traveling during the "off season." Typically the prices are going to be much higher in summer or winter (depending on where you are going). I have also realized that traveling on a Tuesday or Wednesday is always going to be cheaper then traveling any other day of the week/weekend. If you have to travel on a weekend, then be sure to start watching the flight prices in advance! I love the Hopper app because you can put your dates and destination in, and it will tell you if they predict the prices to go up or down! It will also notify you if the prices do drop! You can check out Hopper here.
5. Plan. Plan. Plan- Research and plan your activities ahead of time. Find all the best free attractions and do those first! Then check on Groupon for any other activities you might want to do in that area! They always have great deals for any city you are in!
6. Ebates- Ebates gives you cash back when you purchase things online. This includes travel! You can earn cash back when buying your airfare, rental cars, booking your hotels, and more! We have used this multiple times and earned money back just for booking through ebates! As you can see below, they have big sites like hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, and more!
Traveling doesn't have to be expensive and there are so many ways out there to save money! What are some of your favorite money saving tips when traveling?
pin to pinterest: