How to: Make Bath Bombs Using Essential Oils!
Does anyone else love taking a bath? I don't know about you, but there is just something about climbing into a relaxing bath after an anything but relaxing day. One of my all time favorite products is a good bath bomb! I love the smell of them and the way they leave your skin feeling so soft! Just like anything, bath bombs can be made in a very toxic way using un-natural fragrances and other chemicals. They can also be expensive, up to $8 for one bath bomb from a natural company! Making your own bath bombs is a cheap and easy way to still enjoy bath bombs without compromising natural quality!
The great thing about making your own bath bombs is that you can use any essential oil you want! I am going to give you a recipe for our night time bath bombs that promote sleep! Some of my other favorite oils to use are stress away and peace and calming! I buy all of our essential oils from Young Living because of their seed to seal process I know they are quality essential oils! If you are interested in getting started with some Young Living oils, shoot me an email here!
Now for the fun part! Making your own bath bombs is easy, will save you money, and ensure you are using a quality natural product! Check out the recipe below and be sure to let me know if you make them in the comments!
2 cups baking soda
1 cup citric acid
1 cup epsom salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbs witch hazel
10 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops sleepyize essential oil
5 drops lemon essential oil
Natural Coloring (if desired)
Flower petals (if desired)
1. In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients with a mixer or by hand, I love using this coconut oil epsom salt for an added moisturizer!
2. Melt the coconut oil and add essential oil. Mix the two oils together
3. Slowly add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients, you can also add natural coloring if desired!
4. Add 1 tbs of witch hazel while mixing
5. Press the mixture into mold and let it harden overnight!