How to: Make Your Own Cake Pops!
Does anyone else have kids that are overly obsessed with cake pops?! There are very few things my children wouldn't do for a cake pop which means I find myself bribing them with them often. We also like to do cake pops for birthdays instead of birthday cake! So I definitely find myself making cake pops quite a bit. They are so fun to experiment with different flavors, colors, and sprinkles! The ones I am making today are the easiest & most simple! A chocolate covered white cake pop!
1 cake mix box (+ingredients needed per your box)
1 box powdered sugar
1/2 stick of salted butter
1/8 cup of milk
1/2 tsp of vanilla
styrofoam or cake pop stand
1. Bake cake, following directions on the box.
2. Let the cake cool and crumble by hand into a bowl
3. Make Icing, following instructions for buttercream frosting on the powdered sugar box. Be sure to cut this recipe in half (1/2 box of powdered sugar, 1/8 cup milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 stick of butter)
4. Mix icing and crumbled cake together. Roll into balls and put on a pan with parchment paper. Put in the freezer for 2-3 hours. 5. Take them out of the freezer and put a cake pop stick in each one. Melt your candy melts in the microwave according to the package
6. Dip your cake pops into the melted candy, be sure to let all the excess drip off, and put in your styrofoam or cake pop stand to harden! If you want to add sprinkles, be sure to sprinkle them on before the candy hardens!
What are your favorite kind of cake pops to make? Let me know in the comments below!
You can download a printable version of this recipe here!
Pin to Pinterest: